Friday, August 5, 2011

My Scrapbook Nook

Since I don’t have a space for scrappin’, I’ve had to modify this hallway in the gameroom to a storage area, without looking (too much) like one.  I have a scrap desk nearby so this is handy, and is no longer such a temptation for the kiddos to mess with my supplies. 
I used my scrap cubes & a laundry organizer & rolling plastic drawers (all from Target, years ago), plus my stamp ink storage caddy.  Then hid it all underneath a piece of wood leftover from a neighbor’s project.  I used a pair of old valances  to cover the wood & cover the curtain rod. Then hung some [leftover, hemmed] sheer curtains onto the curtain rod.  The sheers easily glide on the curtain rod to reach my stuff, or I can fold them onto the top (where all my scrapbook mags are hidden in the IKEA baskets). Voila! Perfect storage, at no extra cost!

I attached some pictures of it, finished.  I didn't take any of the process, though.  At the bottom I have the little collage of it that I put on pinterest.com.

This shot is with the "curtains" closed.  In hindsight, I wish I could have used matching beige sheer panels on the window you see in the hallway, too.  But I only had 4 leftover sheer panels available.  I used 3 for the scrapbooking nook, but need 2 for the window.  Beige is surprisingly hard to match, especially with this pearescent sheen, so I haven't changed the window curtains yet.

 I can simply open the panels, as shown here.  The curtains on the side facing the camera are fixed there ... no need to open the curtains on the big, white side of the unit ~ just needed to buffer the whiteness with beige. LOL

I can also lift the curtain panels and place them on top of the unit and have full access to the storage beneath it.  Here are two interior shots here, left and right.  It's a narrow hallway, so it's tough to get shots at the right angle.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment